May Day Cask Festival - 10 May 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKeggingPart

Reaction score
The Head Cellarman of NERAX presents a homebrew-only celebration of spring and real ale. Join us near the Porter Square T on Friday, 10 May 2013 from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM to try 10 different homebrewed beers, all on cask! For more information and to make a contribution, visit www.maydaycask.org.

Legal disclaimers: We are not selling homebrew. The brewers will be on hand to give samples away personally. We're asking everyone who wants to come to make a $10 donation to help defray festival costs. Contributors receive a commemorative glass and a voting token for People's Choice. This is a private party with a controlled guestlist. Exact location to be disclosed on 8 May.

maydaycask poster hbt.jpg

I'm organizing volunteers for this event. If you want to drink free and take home a growler or 2 in exchange for checking tickets and picking up a bit... drop me a line.

The complete beer list for this event has been posted. A couple of the names may be notable to you eastern MA types. Make a contribution at www.maydaycask.org if you want to get on the guestlist for this private party.

Alastair Hewitt – Russian Imperial Stout
Brittany Burke – Zythos/Columbus Pale Ale
Chris Papazian – Petaluma Brown Ale
Dana Reynolds – Cask Lager
David Todd – Session IPA w/ extra dry hopped goodness
Gene Callahan – Cream Ale
Nathan Williams – Rye Mild
Randy Baril – Celebration Ordinary
Scott Anderson – Golden Best Bitter
Vince Tursi – Mild

I've been having great difficulty keeping the website online. I'm going to think that it's massive demand and not just my webhost crapping out. If it wasn't for DNS propagation times, I would have switched earlier this week.

Please keep trying. It is working intermittently. You can also keep updated on the Facebooks. https://www.facebook.com/events/126814364177302/

A big thank you to everyone who came out. The festival was a great success! If you'd like to talk to me about pulling it off, please PM me. I'd be happy to share what I've learned.

stillage small.jpg

phil from stage.jpg

Latest posts

Back