So how many brew days in a row have you guys done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
I'm on my last brew day which it has consisted of three days, I brewed an American wheat, milk chocolate stout and today an imperial stout

ill do 2 in a row, but its a long day when i do that. Last time i did that i did a galaxy pale ale and an american barleywine following it on july 4th when the temps were around 100. Probably wont be doing that again

I've done two myself. But this last time it was two in one week,a day or so apart. Had to get things cleaned up & sanitized,not to mention go over to Artisian Springs for more water.

I've done back to back 10 gal batches several times. If your not properly prepared it can feel like work. Stated at 8 finished at 8. I'm fortunate enough to have really good tap water to work with.

Yeah,my tap water is ok for AE. But having gone to PM BIAB,the local spring water seems to work a tad better. At 10c per gallon,it's cheap insurance to me. But at my age,back to back brew days are geting tougher. I do like the look of some 5 cases or so of beer stacking up with another batch on the way.

my tap water is fine if i treat it with campden tablets to remove the chloramines. I mostly brew in the afternoon so i typically dont do a double brew day

I had 2 weeks off a little while ago. I brewed 14 times but a few of them were double brew days so it wasn't every day. Still a lot of brewing.

I've done two batches in a weekend, but now I've set up to do two batches at the same time! I got 2 turkey fryers, and 2 22qt pots, and 2 propane tanks. I figure 2 can be done in the same time one would take.

My water is good, it's rain water run through micron filters and a UV light.

Channel66 said:
I had 2 weeks off a little while ago. I brewed 14 times but a few of them were double brew days so it wasn't every day. Still a lot of brewing.

Holly cow! That's insane.... Your gonna be really busy in a few weeks!

Once a week is enough for me. My brew days are very hands-on at the moment and I'm still working on making the most of my time. In a couple of years I'll build a nice setup with pumps but for now I don't have the motivation to brew more than once a week... Maybe I just need to make more friends to help me work my way through my pipeline :)

It's not so much having someone to help drink it all up,but having enough bottled up to have some to drink while the others are carbing & conditioning. Then you have to factor in fridge time of at least a week as well. Brew more,& in 2 months you'll have more to choose from while others are getting ready.

Back