Can this type of siphon used for beer brewing? (obviously..it will be sanitized)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't. That type of siphon, if used as it is, would pull all kinds of yeast and trub.That's what it is designed to do. Get an auto-siphon that is designed for home brewing.

It looks like it could, as long as it wasn't hot (since we don't know what kinda plastic its made with-don't want it melting or more importantly, leaching chemicals into hot wort).

Like the post above said it'll take a lot of the trub, break, etc with it so honestly it might just be easier to get an auto siphon since they are similar in price.

That one gets the mulm & uneaten food,etc out of the gravel & dups it into that net thing off th the side. The silty stuff in beer would go right through it.
I used to use one simpler than that for my aquariums when I bred tropicals.

Just an interesting fact on these, back in Uni I one got a friend to use an old, well used one as a beer bong. He was not happy when he realised 😆

Back