What do you want in an automated temp controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What would you like to see in an automated temp controller? It wouldn't be that hard to make one that's fully programmable (even in 1 hour increments), and with either WiFi or Bluetooth so you can check it from your tablet/smartphone, or even from anywhere over the internet?

I am currently using 2 controllers, one for heater and another for cooling. It would be nice to have this in one box with differential for each adjustment with the possibility of both functions being active at once.

A larger SSR that could handle electric heating element so I could use it for brewing as well as fermenting.

Being able to graph temps would be neat, especially alongside a graph showing gravity using wifi connection.

Basically the BCS-460 with a real display output. The 7 segment display it supports now doesn't let me display the info I want.

Back