I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
h6B011D5E

passedpawn said:
I never thought the Smothers Brothers were funny. But I did have that song on 45. Used to walk around singing it all the time. Thanks!

You're most welcome. I agree - they always thought they were much funnier than they really were. The song is fun though and it popped right to my mind when I read BobbiLynn's post.

When's the last time you ate? That's usually what does it to me - unless I'm walking off the Mad Hatter tea party ride at Disney ;)

Well, I just ate an orange so I don't think that's it. Probably the ammonia and bleach I'm using to soak some equipment. I'll open a window and see if that helps. :cross:

Dang hot day, almost 90 degrees, 89.2 out there. That's enough trying to plant, will have to be done early morning or late afternoon if this weather keeps up. So I'm brewing instead. Can't forget the happy brew day dance, anyone else brewing today and want to dance with me?

:ban:

Maybe someone already played this one, can't remember.

Party is a little slow tonight...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'm impatient now. I mixed up a batch of red rice wine, and oolong rice wine yesterday. I couldn't help but peak today. Should be interesting.

I'm thinking about making a holster for my revolver like this one when I have some time. What do you think?
WTAC2.jpg

I'm thinking about making a holster for my revolver like this one when I have some time. What do you think?
WTAC2.jpg

I don't know, but thanks for posting that picture.

So my new roof materials arrived today, but it's raining, and more rain coming. Also the tree guy, he's a friend, came by. There are about 4 trees that need to be taken down before the new roof is installed, otherwise, could be pointless. So he says(the tree friend), you have done so much for my family, I got this, what??? He's doing it for free, but hubby promised to help him with any mechanical problems with his tractors or vehicles and I loaded up his trunk with potted herbs and vegetables. I got really upset a couple days ago, when that snake ate my chickens, but really, I have nothing to be upset about. Life is good. :mug:

Well Easter it´s over where in the hell is Dan?

We've been talking about this. We have searched dairies(he had been making cheese), mountainsides(in case he's still building the commune), and I even checked down by the river to see if maybe he took up fishing. No sign of him. :(

Well his profile is active again and it looks like he might have logged on late Sunday night - I imagine he's going to ease back into HBT. Or he's intimidated at the thought of how many posts he needs to catch up on!

Well his profile is active again and it looks like he might have logged on late Sunday night - I imagine he's going to ease back into HBT. Or he's intimidated at the thought of how many posts he needs to catch up on!

:mug:

When baseball players come up to the plate, the home stadium plays their "walk up" music. Each player gets to choose their song, to get them pumped up.

I'm going to pick the walk-up music now for someone I think (hope) is going to come up to bat very soon. ;) woot!

I try to get hubby to eat, do you want this, do you want that... he says angrily, no! no! I will let you know when I am hungry!!! So I take a nap and wake up and he is mad, says "I'm just hungry! So I had to get up and cook something!!!". I said, "Well, that's the way you do it." Needless to say, he's back on chemo this week, finally his white cells counts were high enough to continue with treatment. Chemo makes him mean and angry, and sick. All the left overs in the fridge from trying to cook for him, he doesn't want that. I don't like throwing so much food away. :(

This is why I must stay in my own little world. Pretend nothing is wrong and just get the roof fixed. Brew some more beer. Maybe go get a tattoo. Pay bills, plant the gardens.... feed the chickens, hunt for possums. Hope that tomorrow hubby is having a better day, and try to stay out of his way, but still try to care for him at the same time. Be happy when he sleeps but then feel like I must keep looking, make sure he is breathing, looks so still, so pale. Then go distract myself, work on the mural in my craft room, whatever. I'm trying to make it look like I'm inside an aquarium, the walls, my palette, are aqua blue.

Just talked to my best friend and she said I did everything correctly. Just leave him be until this phase passes over. There is food to be heated up right on the top shelf of the fridge. She says get back to my mural, she can't wait to see it finished. Even gave me a hanging chandelier type thing made from seashells and sand dollars, also some other "props". The electrical on my shed will be done soon too, no more running extension cords. We have good friends, they love us both. The guy doing the electrical isn't charging either, says he "owes" us. We let him set up a camper at hubby's shop one time, stayed 6 months without rent or bills.

You're a good lady, Bobbi. You've gone well beyond the call of duty. My moms been taking care of sick people as long as I've been alive, and I know it can be a thankless job. I'm highly buzzed and don't know quite how to wrap this comment up, so I will just say that you're doing a great job, and those chicken folks don't have **** on us. :mug:

those chicken folks don't have **** on us. :mug:

Yeah, I don't really talk to the chicken people much anymore. Well, unless it's a business deal, hubby met some good hook-ups. We got the land for it, sure I'll raise your chickens then sell your own chickens to you. Make 'em fat them give them back with profit, sure, anything to make an extra buck. I need to start brewing even more, gave the chicks a treat of dried spent grain and they were almost fighting over it. Even the little ones.

BobbiLynn said:
Yeah, I don't really talk to the chicken people much anymore. Well, unless it's a business deal, hubby met some good hook-ups. We got the land for it, sure I'll raise your chickens then sell your own chickens to you. Make 'em fat them give them back with profit, sure, anything to make an extra buck. I need to start brewing even more, gave the chicks a treat of dried spent grain and they were almost fighting over it. Even the little ones.

That's so funny, my boss took my lead to start raising chickens. He didn't feel confident in his abilities to raise chicks, and so he bought chicks and then gave then to a woman who raises chicks to young chickens so he didn't have to. That's half the fun! I like chicks. They're like a ball of chirping feathers with feet. Yes, the chickens still occasionally come inside. We're oakey like that.

image-1150187553.jpg

so he bought chicks and then gave then to a woman who raises chicks to young chickens so he didn't have to.

Basically what happened, even though I have no real previous experience raising chickens. He just liked how healthy mine looked, I'll have to get new pictures soon. Paying me per chicken that I successfully raise. The brooder is secured now so snakes can not get in.

BobbiLynn said:
I try to get hubby to eat, do you want this, do you want that... he says angrily, no! no! I will let you know when I am hungry!!! So I take a nap and wake up and he is mad, says "I'm just hungry! So I had to get up and cook something!!!". I said, "Well, that's the way you do it." Needless to say, he's back on chemo this week, finally his white cells counts were high enough to continue with treatment. Chemo makes him mean and angry, and sick. All the left overs in the fridge from trying to cook for him, he doesn't want that. I don't like throwing so much food away. :(

This is why I must stay in my own little world. Pretend nothing is wrong and just get the roof fixed. Brew some more beer. Maybe go get a tattoo. Pay bills, plant the gardens.... feed the chickens, hunt for possums. Hope that tomorrow hubby is having a better day, and try to stay out of his way, but still try to care for him at the same time. Be happy when he sleeps but then feel like I must keep looking, make sure he is breathing, looks so still, so pale. Then go distract myself, work on the mural in my craft room, whatever. I'm trying to make it look like I'm inside an aquarium, the walls, my palette, are aqua blue.

Hope hubby perks up. I know that some kinds of chemo can change the way people taste things. Instead of throwing away the food, you should eat it. Or feed it to the possum. ;)

There's another thread
and its nearly dead
Filled with puzzles, rhymes and riddles
solutions, laughs and fiddles
but belly button misspelled lint
took our OP somewhere lent (clever rhyme there, eh?)
So now I look here
and I have a new fear
That our man has taken to keeping clear

There's another thread
and its nearly dead
Filled with puzzles, rhymes and riddles
solutions, laughs and fiddles
but belly button misspelled lint
took our OP somewhere lent (clever rhyme there, eh?)
So now I look here
and I have a new fear
That our man has taken to keeping clear

We last searched around,
And nothing to be found.

OP has since disappeared,
and has yet to re-appear.

Wait for him, nothing more,
Can not expect him to....

Come through the door.

Maybe he will use a window,
Sneak on in without our say so.

Show up one day,
When we least expect.

Say g'day, I am back.

Maybe he's on the mountain.
Set'in up the rout'in.

Maybe he's buildin a commune.
For us on moon.

He's knockin on the door,
Then is there no more.

Just talked to my best friend and she said I did everything correctly. Just leave him be until this phase passes over. There is food to be heated up right on the top shelf of the fridge. She says get back to my mural, she can't wait to see it finished. Even gave me a hanging chandelier type thing made from seashells and sand dollars, also some other "props". The electrical on my shed will be done soon too, no more running extension cords. We have good friends, they love us both. The guy doing the electrical isn't charging either, says he "owes" us. We let him set up a camper at hubby's shop one time, stayed 6 months without rent or bills.
Well. He does. Good of him to recognize that and try and pay you back a little.

You sound like good people Bobbi. Try and stay that way. The chemo gives people mood swings. They have irrational emotional responses. Men are especially bad at dealing with it, as they generally convince themselves that what they are feeling is rational.

City law keeps me from raising chickens, or I would. Stray cats on the other hand....

All the times I said, I'll help you.
And, people said "you don't have to."

It don't matter to me, I say,
Stay for free, I said you may.

Pay me back one day,
if you mean...

what you say.

Back