What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1806890169.jpg

Robust porter homebrew.

But... but... Ive been looking at how delicious it looks right now. The only problem is that I hope I don't like it and want another one and not be able to find it anymore until next winter.

I hear that. I haven't had it personally but have heard delicious tales

I hear that. I haven't had it personally but have heard delicious tales

Me too.. I think I'm going to go for it. There'll be more. I have a Narwhal aging next to it. I, wont be touching that until next year. Also got a Surly Pentagram I am sitting on next to it.

Having some hot cocoa/dark cocoa patron mix. yum yum. Doesn't mix too well with the Lakefront Ipa that I am having next to it.:confused:

Having an IPA while me and the Wife process some apples (a gallon of fresh juice and 4 gallons of slices for pies). Just in the nick of time too, we have 40 more pounds of apples coming this weekend plus 20 pounds of pineapples. Looks like canning season is coming sooner than expected...

HB'ed sweet stout. I figured I had better drink some home brew, so I don't drink all the stuff that I got at the liquor store.

Buffalo Bill's Brewery
Orange Blossom cream ale.

Have to power threw the six-pack I was stupid enough to buy. Glad this is the last one!

jerryteague said:
Having an IPA while me and the Wife process some apples (a gallon of fresh juice and 4 gallons of slices for pies). Just in the nick of time too, we have 40 more pounds of apples coming this weekend plus 20 pounds of pineapples. Looks like canning season is coming sooner than expected...

Do I see cider in your future? Or, a chocolate apple stout. That'd be a keeper for later. It tastes terrible for the first year. After a year and a half, it's perfect. (If you like a whiskey aged flavor) (still can't figure out where the whiskey comes from)

xtian116 said:
Do I see cider in your future? Or, a chocolate apple stout. That'd be a keeper for later. It tastes terrible for the first year. After a year and a half, it's perfect. (If you like a whiskey aged flavor) (still can't figure out where the whiskey comes from)

I wish. My kids will have all the juice drank in no time. I do have 3 gallons of Apfelwein going now though (3 months in secondary), that should be ready soon. I'll be bottling the Apfelwein in bombers next week along with a batch of oatmeal stout, and Lemon-lime summer blonde. The chocolate apple stout sounds good though. I may just have to try brewing a batch...

jerryteague said:
I wish. My kids will have all the juice drank in no time. I do have 3 gallons of Apfelwein going now though (3 months in secondary), that should be ready soon. I'll be bottling the Apfelwein in bombers next week along with a batch of oatmeal stout, and Lemon-lime summer blonde. The chocolate apple stout sounds good though. I may just have to try brewing a batch...

I have to make cider the day I buy it or my son stakes his claim.

All this talk of cider I decided to pull out a bottle from last year's harvest and its tasting great finally losing the yeast flavor

chuckstout said:
All this talk of cider I decided to pull out a bottle from last year's harvest and its tasting great finally losing the yeast flavor

Thanks, you just reminded me that I have a case in the back of my closet from almost two years ago. Chilling them while I drink a Bud Light.

*please don't ban me from this place! I love it here! SWMBO drinks it, I just needed some water.*

Has anyone ever admitted they were drinking that crap here?

Thanks, you just reminded me that I have a case in the back of my closet from almost two years ago. Chilling them while I drink a Bud Light.

*please don't ban me from this place! I love it here! SWMBO drinks it, I just needed some water.*

Has anyone ever admitted they were drinking that crap here?

Its funny I can remember the last "crap" beer I had was about 2 years ago. It was a Milwaukee Best Ice that was sitting in my grandfather in laws fridge for a couple years and after loading a cord of wood was pretty damn tasty. Since then hes moved to blue moon much better though

Been up since 6 got the fiancee off to work and have nothin to do but relax today! So decided why the hell not, havin a HB Apple Cinnamon cider figure I get tanked by lunch and have a good nap :mug:. Its a few months in the bottle now and tasting great nice crisp apple and a delicious honey and cinnamon finish. Goin down good while listening to The Jamil Show.

ForumRunner_20130404_090109.jpg

Coffee as I sit in the VW dealer waiting form them to replace my tire (thank god I got lifetime road hazard and won't need to pay the 250 for a single Dunlop Low Profile Sport tire lmao)

Good news though. SWMBO just called to tell me she picked me up the last bottle of Tocobaga and a bottle of DFH 75 minute w/maple syrup. She's a keeper for sure....

Dogfish 60 minute IPA. Never had it before. Decent, not spectacular, in my opinion.

I think its pretty good when I feel like knocking a few back and is a good change up from all the west coast stuff.

Qhrumphf said:
Gravity samples of my APA, ESB, and Oatmeal Stout.

Wow! After last night, I figured you'd have been in hangover mode. The gravity sample sound tasty though. I have to take a gravity reading on my oatmeal stout, no time like the present...

Wow! After last night, I figured you'd have been in hangover mode. The gravity sample sound tasty though. I have to take a gravity reading on my oatmeal stout, no time like the present...

Like I said, up at 5am still drunk. By the time I had to go to work, sober but not feeling too happy. But feeling good enough now to do it all over again....j/k:fro:

Thinking I'll have a couple beers tonight, but staying away from the liquor. Hah.

Back