I can't see photos here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
Any ideas why I can't see photos anymore?
Almost all of the recent posts that, judging by the responses, seem to have photos/pics, I can't see them!

I am having the same problem, but it is only in some threads. Others I can see just fine...

I don't have an adblocker and have tried two different browsers, still no pics in some threads.

I don't see any photos in that posted link, either. I'm running WXP Pro and haven't noticed any problems until this link.

glenn514:mug:

Here is one where no pictures show up. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/bar-build-346732/

I have seen others where the first half of the thread has no pictures, but the last pages do.

Ok, so pawing through the source html for that thread as it exists now, there are zero user images linked.

Perhaps the forum management ran something that scrubbed broken/dead linked attachments?

Cheers!

Most of the htreads I look at seem to have that problem.
I'd say at least half have had photos stripped....

Seeing the same thing on quite a few threads. It is obvious there should be pictures there but there are none.

Test 1 (HBT link)

untitled9-58365.jpg

Yuppers...I like the pic of the puppies, and the one of the carboys...but then there's B-E-E-R! Yes, I see them all.

glenn514:mug:

I can see the 2 pics you posted, but not in the linked thread. I first noticed this in the "Beautiful Women Drinking Beer" thread. Really would like to see what I am missing. :D (Using Win7 w/Chrome, turned off AdBlock & Pop Up blocker. Also; tried IE8, still no go. I figured the pics were stripped...pun intended!)

Anybody heard back from the admin about the photo issue? Most all the threads I'm subscribed to have lost the pictures. Interestingly, some of the photos can be found under Google images with links to the HBT thread but they aren't there when I open the link.

I have been away from HBT for a couple of months expanding my business. Since I have been back on this week, I have noticed problems with many of the newer threads missing pics. I then received several PM's that all of the pics in all of my threads were gone. I reviewed 5 of my more popular threads and all pics are gone. For those of you that have followed my threads, I get a little carried away, so we are talking about hundreds of pics.....gone!:(

I'm sure the admin. will figure it out. If not, that would really suck!:drunk:

One other weird thing. I tried to see if I could edit a post and re-add a pic but the edit function wasn't available for the same threads that the photos got scrubbed from. This whole thing seems really strange.

The mobile app has been down for about a day as well... I use the iPhone version an it just keeps trying to log in forever...

The missing pics thing appears to be fixed. The thread linked earlier that was broken is back in all its glory. You may find (as I did) that you need to purge your browser cache to see the fix.

On the iPhone/Android app side, things look grim. Version 2.0 is the only thing that will get past the splash screen successfully, and then you're stuck with Version 2.0 - which blows huge chunks. Simply horrible...

Cheers!

Ask and ye shall recieve!!!! iPhone app is back up and running! Hooray! Now, back to coveting everyone's systems :)

I've never been able to see pictures until the puppies above, and the fermenter. Not the beer, though. Still unable to see any anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back