Ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef57

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been making beer from kits for a couple of years now and getting bored....
I am slowly building the equipment I need for All-grain but in the meantime, I'd like to get my feet wet with some extract brewing.
My issue is, being located in Edmonton, Ab, Canada, it's hard to find ingredients locally... i can find a few different dry malts, a small selection of specialty grains and a few different hops. Haven't been able to find any liquid malts. The dealers are saying the demand just isn't there so it's not worth stocking:drunk:
I say stock it, then maybe brewers will become more interested if it is readily available:rolleyes:

Anyways... here's the question: Anyone knows of a good suppliers in Canada?
Or one that will ship to Canada for a reasonable price?
I tried NorthernBrewers but unfortunately, they won't ship across the borber:(

Thanks for the help

I'm not from Canada, but I've heard that these guys are in Canada so they might be a good source: http://www.homebrewsupplies.ca/

I agree about the dry malt extract. Especially the light extracts - they give you a pretty blank slate to start with, then you can steep grains to get the color/body/flavor that you are looking for. If you aren't mashing, this way still allows you a little more control over the grain portion of your brew.

I'd start by getting in touch with your local home brew club www.ehg.ca. If a good place for local ingredients exists they'll know. If there isn't a good local place then homebrewsupplies, hopdawgs, and ontariobeerkegs are all good online options. Shipping in Canada can get Quite expensive so you want to see if you can find a local place.

Back