2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im no fantasy expert nor am i a baseball expert, i just love both. But, can someone explain the thought behind trading a productive player for a player that is on the DL? Just curious.

Ramirez when health (and if his head on straight) is a potential impact player, particularly at 3B/SS, which is why I had him as a keeper despite being on the DL for the next couple months. My stand in at 3B, Alvarez, has been atrocious this season - 3 for 35 with 15 Ks and a grand total of -1 points this season. My other keepers, Hamilton and B.J. Upton, haven't exactly been lighting it up so I didn't think I could afford the luxury of a black hole at 3B for a player who may or may not come back strong, and is a bit of head case.

Othan is making a gamble here but had the luxury of depth at 3B (so it's not a huge gamble). Win-Win for both us, I think.

Awarded the trophies for the first two week's matchups.

Week one high krausen award went to Carson (surprise surprise - this guy is like the damn yankees). Low Attenuation award went to Guidry. Sorry fella.

Week two high krausen went to PEIYanks. Robbie Cano carried him to the top with over 60 points. Low Attenuation went to the incumbant. guidry, are you even trying? hahaha

I emailed DRS about his having four guys on the DL on his active roster. Waiting to hear back. Hope everything is okay with him.

27242498.jpg

It seems like Johnny and I have all of the bad luck. Aaron Hill just hit the 15 day dl to go along with Greinke, Aramis Ramirez and Freddie Freeman.

It seems like Johnny and I have all of the bad luck. Aaron Hill just hit the 15 day dl to go along with Greinke, Aramis Ramirez and Freddie Freeman.

Don't feel too bad Dave, After all both you and Johnny are 2-0 and tied for first in your respective divisions after all. The injury bug will affect us ALL at various times throughout the season.

bosoxdave said:

Ouch! I thought it hit me hard the first week, but at least i was able to make some adds and drops. Thats a helluva list of players to lose.

Don't feel too bad Dave, After all both you and Johnny are 2-0 and tied for first in your respective divisions after all. The injury bug will affect us ALL at various times throughout the season.

Oh I know. I am not too bummed, better now than September.

Awarded the trophies for the first two week's matchups.

Week one.....Low Attenuation award went to Guidry. Sorry fella.

Week two...... Low Attenuation went to the incumbant. guidry, are you even trying? hahaha

I vote we institute a new weekly award......Most points by bench players. Y'all aren't in the same park with me!

I have a knack for knowing exactly when a guy will go from a 5 day average of -2 pts to a 20 point day. Also, I am fully convinced that someone has secretly set my notices from ESPN telling me when a player is a scratch for the day to 1.5 seconds before game time.

***ALERT*** Ryan Howard and Adam Dunn are about to go on a hitting rampage

If they play a double header, you get credit for all at bats/ pitching performances for the whole day.

I hope The O's and Dodgers game isn't delayed for too long tonight...I have 7 players who won't be scoring me points if they're "grabbin' Pine"

Othon, we're neck and neck both right around 250. Glad I didn't pick up Jason hammel this morning! Ethier hit a 3 run bomb already, huh?

Johnny, we both had big days! I hope Westbrook sheets the bed tomorrow :)

Thought Carpenter might've done me in with his early HR last night. Fortunately for me, that wasn't the case.

Good game, O.

Thought Carpenter might've done me in with his early HR last night. Fortunately for me, that wasn't the case.

Good game, O.

Good game Johnny. PM me your address ;) I really didn't want to pick up a spot starter or two and sacrifice my future plans for prospects and my team. Oh well, it's a long season! Hanley Ramirez is hopefully coming back in 6-10 days

Johnny,
Sorry I dont know why I thought you lived in NY, when I've clearly seen that you live in CT thousands of times over the years...

Johnny,
Sorry I dont know why I thought you lived in NY, when I've clearly seen that you live in CT thousands of times over the years...

Probably because Connecticut has the largest identity crisis in the country. The southern half wants to be in NY and the northern half wants to be in Mass.

Any word from Desert Rat Squad? Hopefully everything is okay with him.

Don't draw too much attention to his non-responsiveness. I am winning this week! ha

I know that you are joking - mostly. But last year we had a non-participating team go 0-20something and I think that that is bad for the league.

I would rather lose against quality participation than win against no shows. With that said, it is a long season and if he can start participating soon, then it is fine to have this start.

Yes, I was joking. Mostly. :D I do agree with you. It's more fun when everyone participates. Just waiting to play that one guy that never touches his team is kind of boring. Hope everything is ok with him. In my other league we had 2 guys do that last year. One never set his players and the other, once he was too far behind to win, just quit. Sucked for those of us still playing because 1st, 2nd and 3rd were in a dead-heat, and those 2 teams could have swayed the results and made things more interesting. My solution to the problem, this year, was to change the number of teams to 8, and not invite the two of them back!

I was looking over my matchup today and noticed the Stout Troopers had a few players inactive or on the DL. Holy crap, Johnny, you've got so many people on the DL it's crazy.

I must admit I struggle to keep up to date 7 days a week- or even 5! And I'm not good with trades, because I find it hard to judge the value of players (as displayed by my dropping Kimbrel a few weeks back and adding Grilli), and consequently always feel like the other guy is trying to take me for a ride... As the token 'guy from across the pond' in the group I'd rather come last but try my best, than come second last to an unattended team. Hope there's no problems etc etc, and look forward to winning what we call over here 'the wooden spoon' for coming last!

I was looking over my matchup today and noticed the Stout Troopers had a few players inactive or on the DL. Holy crap, Johnny, you've got so many people on the DL it's crazy.

It's almost comical at this point. I just saw that Maxwell went down too. Just going to drop him as I just picked him up as he's been hitting recently.

I tell you, this makes it very very difficult to hold onto prospects. I may have to consider dropping one of them just to field a competitive team.

I must admit I struggle to keep up to date 7 days a week- or even 5! And I'm not good with trades, because I find it hard to judge the value of players (as displayed by my dropping Kimbrel a few weeks back and adding Grilli), and consequently always feel like the other guy is trying to take me for a ride... As the token 'guy from across the pond' in the group I'd rather come last but try my best, than come second last to an unattended team. Hope there's no problems etc etc, and look forward to winning what we call over here 'the wooden spoon' for coming last!

Don't be too afraid. Like with the kimbrel drop, we manage the league fairly and wouldn't let you or anyone get hosed in a deal.

We're happy to have you aboard!

I'll admit, I often have the same feelings....But what the hell....it's all for fun.

Exactly, this is a fun league. Sure we have our debates and squabbles, but that's all part of the fun.

+1 on the judging of trades. I'm not good at that either. But I'm trying to get better. I have had a couple of opportunities recently that I have spent some time studying and I feel I will get more confident in trades in the near future.

so when do the beer wagers begin?:D

Back