What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the last of a can of Starbucks doubleshot energy drink to take my pill this morning. Gotta put a sensor in the car to run around tomorrow,62F,& wind is howlin like mad outside. Supposed to rain for 3 days...:(

Cute, it's 12 here, breezy and cloudy looks like snow. Brewing with swmbo out on the deck. Suck it up!

Having an omelet with a coffee and a Sierra Nevada Torpedo on the side.

After a week in Mexico, and crap coffee...been looking forward to this for a whole week....farmhouse blend locally roasted

image-1315698072.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Nice!! Conan yeast is awesome stuff.

Looking forward to using it. Any non-IPA uses that you would suggest? I would like to use it on a lower gravity beer before doing a Heady-inspired clone. I was thinking Amber, Blonde, or Wheat.

Looking forward to use it. Any non-IPA uses that you would suggest? I would like to use it on a lower gravity beer before doing a Heady-inspired clone. I was thinking Amber, Blonde, or Wheat.

I think it'd be great in pretty much any beer where you wanted a fruity yeast character. An American wheat might be nice. Pale or amber ale too. It'd also work great in some English styles, judging by the fruitiness. Couple things, it attenuates like a beast; I've gotten 80%+ both times I've used it, near 85% last time. It also loves to stay up in suspension; cold crash and/or secondary will get it to drop, but it takes it's sweet time. Also, it has a distinct tropical fruit ester profile, so keep that in mind when coming up with a recipe. :mug:

Oh, also, BearFlavoredAles (blog site) has a lot of good info on this yeast. It's written by a member here, othellomcbane, who's also a big contributor on the Heady Clone thread. He's done quite a few different styles with Conan and has posted the results on his blog. Definitely worth checking out.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I think it'd be great in pretty much any beer where you wanted a fruity yeast character. An American wheat might be nice. Pale or amber ale too. It'd also work great in some English styles, judging by the fruitiness. Couple things, it attenuates like a beast; I've gotten 80%+ both times I've used it, near 85% last time. It also loves to stay up in suspension; cold crash and/or secondary will get it to drop, but it takes it's sweet time. Also, it has a distinct tropical fruit ester profile, so keep that in mind when coming up with a recipe. :mug:

Oh, also, BearFlavoredAles (blog site) has a lot of good info on this yeast. It's written by a member here, othellomcbane, who's also a big contributor on the Heady Clone thread. He's done quite a few different styles with Conan and has posted the results on his blog. Definitely worth checking out.

Thanks. I forgot about BearFlavored's site. I was leaning towards an all Amarillo wheat (a Gumballhead-ish clone), and , unless BearFlavored tells me otherwise, that will probably be the direction I go.

Let's go Knicks! Game time!

Nice bottle opener. I'm not really into B-ball anymore, but I sure was a few decades ago. I was a big Knicks fan, still hate the bulls because of it. Starks for three!

Drinking a bloody beer, contemplating if I should brew again today.

ForumRunner_20130407_122048.jpg

Water, after running a 15k race this morning. Taking a break from drinking for the month of April leading up to a half marathon on the 28th.

Drinking vicariously via all this beer p0rn. At least my pipeline will be strong for the summer :rockin:

About an hour from home; a 1,300 mile trek. As soon as I'm settled in, I'll be opening the first properly conditioned, carbed and cooled bottle of my first attempt at an IPA.

DisturbdChemist said:
At karbach for the pro-am awards ceremony drinking a barn burn saison. Sadly I know I didn't win or moved on to the next round so time to change the recipe!! Version 3 coming soon

That's a shame. I'm sure it was a tough competition to judge.
How is the Barn Burner? I haven't tried it yet.

Drinking one of TNGabe's Saisons.
Not a high level of what you would consider Belgian/Saison/Farmhouse aroma from the yeast.
Nice and dry, medium-light body.
And I'm getting a minty bubblegum flavor in this.
Overall pretty good. I like it.

image-3168781116.jpg

Ridire said:
About an hour from home; a 1,300 mile trek. As soon as I'm settled in, I'll be opening the first properly conditioned, carbed and cooled bottle of my first attempt at an IPA.

Back to the drawing board. Not very good. Oh well, I'll just drink it all really fast to free up bottles for a revised IPA.

Back