What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bourbon and this little number on what I call the first day of spring

ForumRunner_20130406_194706.jpg

::scurries over to the stogie thread::

A buddy's homebrew topaz/galaxy double IPA. It's insanely good.

Finally time to drink my brews after a long week, and I got a head ache that isn't making it that great. But the cascade pale is good.
I'm kinda more in the mood for a stout, but I'm not going to open my imperial stout that hasn't been in the bottle a month yet, though I want to! Haha

Tomorrow we're doing a brew day and drinking down a lot of the home-brewed stash, so tonight I'm drinking a commercial brew to compensate. Weihenstephaner Pils. I think I like their hefe better, but this is still pretty great.

Just finished bottling a one gallon batch of cheap hard cider (store bought apple juice/dextrose/cooper's yeast). The last bottle wasn't quite full so I dumped it in a glass and started sipping. It was in primary for a month and in secondary for well over a month. It tastes a little better than my past attempts since I've left if a lot longer this time. I primed the bottles with some leftover Cooper's carbonation drops I had laying around. The plan is to forget it exists until June and then open a bottle and see if it's fit to drink.

I haven't had a lot of luck with these ciders so far but the sample I'm drinking leads me to believe that age is a good thing as far as cider is concerned.

Just finished bottling a one gallon batch of cheap hard cider (store bought apple juice/dextrose/cooper's yeast). The last bottle wasn't quite full so I dumped it in a glass and started sipping. It was in primary for a month and in secondary for well over a month. It tastes a little better than my past attempts since I've left if a lot longer this time. I primed the bottles with some leftover Cooper's carbonation drops I had laying around. The plan is to forget it exists until June and then open a bottle and see if it's fit to drink.

I haven't had a lot of luck with these ciders so far but the sample I'm drinking leads me to believe that age is a good thing as far as cider is concerned.

In my experience, the key to a good cider is to sweeten heavily at bottling, bottle a few plastic soda bottles to check for carb, as soon as it's ready, pasteurize killing off the yeast.

brewsnthelou said:
But at least you have Yuengling! I love that stuff but they dont sell it in MO :(

I had a buddy bring some back last time he went to visit his family in NY. I do enjoy it on occasion but I love my hoppy beers and stouts much more.

Edit: having this with SWMBO as well.

image-2860540975.jpg

Just got done with a spontaneous brewing session. Quick small batch.Didnt plan on brewing til next weekend-but I still have another few german beers to brew next 3 batches. Brewed an all-German pale ale.:rockin:

Very good beer here, but like their other ipa's alot more.

hop zombie.jpg

I had a buddy bring some back last time he went to visit his family in NY. I do enjoy it on occasion but I love my hoppy beers and stouts much more.

Edit: having this with SWMBO as well.

View attachment 113810

Haven't seen that here. We get Smokestack stuff, but I haven't seen that one. Is it brett finished tank 7 or something different?

Drinking Surley Cynic Ale with some SE Asian / Jerk Pork Bahn Mi tacos.

TNGabe said:
Haven't seen that here. We get Smokestack stuff, but I haven't seen that one. Is it brett finished tank 7 or something different?

Drinking Surley Cynic Ale with some SE Asian / Jerk Pork Bahn Mi tacos.

I hadn't seen it for quite some time but the store I bought my KBS from had a few bottles and I remembered someone saying it was good. Boulevards site says its based on the tank 7 recipe and bottle conditioned with brett. I'm interested in doing a side by side of the two. I'm not sure I'd be able to tell them apart. I could also be misremembering tank 7 right now.

Well as in you wanna trade for it lol. Vivant coming out with Zaison thier Imperial Saison in two weeks

I know what you meant, it's just the whole internet humor failure scenario. :D

I wouldn't trade for Cynic again, but Coffee Bender is a good possibility. I usually dislike 'imperial' saisons, but also tend to dislike belgian IPA's and the one from Vivant (I forgot the name already) was great. I think the trade budget is shot for April, I've got a couple lined up already.

I know what you meant, it's just the whole internet humor failure scenario. :D

I wouldn't trade for Cynic again, but Coffee Bender is a good possibility. I usually dislike 'imperial' saisons, but also tend to dislike belgian IPA's and the one from Vivant (I forgot the name already) was great. I think the trade budget is shot for April, I've got a couple lined up already.

I hear ya. I have not tasted it. We will talk about it latet

Took a night off from homebrew.

Hop rocket iipa
Red tail ale
Big bison ale

They all came in a beer of moth club from a vendor I deal with. Not bad

My somewhat aged jalepeno (pale?) ale. Holding up very nicely with age.Drinks like a good milder pale ale but with jalepeno flavor/aroma.Lacks heat though -I like hot but its mild to me,maybe medium to some.Think it would do over well with some non-craft beer drinking relatives for a novelty.Pretty good for using not very fresh jalepenos at the time when they were scarce/unseasonable.Very clean and lager like also. Ill be brewing the same recipe next time I make a cayenne/ghost pepper/whatever pepper next. Will be an awesome warm weather beer.

Back