What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it kept whispering in my ear, "drink me, drink me please." So I complied, showing more restraint on a Narwhal and a Pentagram.

View attachment 113345

I almost grabbed a Pentagram earlier. I'll open one if you do. 5am show-up, 4 am wake-up for my new bakery jobs starts Monday so I might as well enjoy the last few late nights for a while.

I almost grabbed a Pentagram earlier. I'll open one if you do. 5am show-up, 4 am wake-up for my new bakery jobs starts Monday so I might as well enjoy the last few late nights for a while.

Oh christ now you're trying to get me to open my Pentagram? Very, very, very tempting. Luckily I can probably find another one soon enough.

hahaha last night I had to talk you out of the third coast, tonight gabe is talking you into the pentagram that you said you could stay away from without help!

You gotta get a lock for that cellar of yours, give me the key.

hahaha last night I had to talk you out of the third coast, tonight gabe is talking you into the pentagram that you said you could stay away from without help!

I need to put a sign up on my cellar door that says drunk = no fancy beer. I've been good lately, but every once in a while there is that horrible wake up with half a beer I shouldn't have opened feeling.

Hahahahaha, I can hold off the Pentagram. But you're very right, need a lock. I swear my beer talks to me and begs to be drank.

Bee Cave Robust Porter

image-3076740782.jpg

I need to put a sign up on my cellar door that says drunk = no fancy beer. I've been good lately, but every once in a while there is that horrible wake up with half a beer I shouldn't have opened feeling.

"If you have to read this sign twice, once outloud, to yourself, slurred, you shalt not pass"

Haha I know that feeling. Or the feeling of not even remembering drinking it, and having to hear the story of, "yeah you kept saying you shouldn't be drinking it because you're too drunk. Yet you kept drinking it." Sad days

Finishing up some 50/50 hot cocoa and dark cocoa patron as a night capper. Man, whats with everyone tonight? Its Thursday and its been dead since 23:00.

image-3469347954.jpg

I call it "left over surprise" it's damn good!

Wish I knew what the hell I tossed in there. I was cleaning out the grain closet and used everything that was left. 10 gallons of 9.6% who knows!
I originally did it because I was bored and needed to clean, now I'll probably spend the next year trying to duplicate it. ;(

coffee. decided to make a strong pot of Sumatra for the trip to the cities. xtian116, I know what you mean. I wish I'd kept logs in my early years. I used to brew an awesome Chocolate Raspberry Stout by memory, but after not brewing it for years I kinda forgot.

Well this seems un-beer related but I'm drinking coffee..... but, I am making a coffee porter soon and I'm trying different beans this morning I'm rolling with a Kenya and I'm keeping flavor profile notes..... so far Sumatra seems to be the most likely chice though. I'm going to do a cold extraction in secondary as not to pull any oils from the beans as not to affect head retention. And who the hell am I kidding I need a cup of coffee anyways it's only 8 AM and I was drinking all last night.

image-2476684667.jpg

I think this strange little number is ready to bottle. Or maybe dry hop. Wheat/pale/pils/CaraPils/oats hopped with citra and sorachi. Pitched lacto and wy3942. Aged about 10 weeks now on a little over 1lb/gallon rhubarb with Cabtillon brett. It's savory, which is not something I'm used to in a beer. Leaning towards dry hopping with Saaz I think. Maybe a little more sorachi ace.

Wee Heavy I brewed in Dec 2011. 3 bottles reserved should it make it to NHC finals (I'm hopeful, this beer has performed well elsewhere), 6 bottles reserved to share at Club Night, and 3 more for my own consumption. Dangerously low on reserves. Guess it means I should brew my slightly tweaked version (my own impressions and judge feedback).

20130405_164953[1].jpg

Just had lone pint gentlemen relish an excellent English brown ale. Live oak pilz a nice pilsner as expected from live oak and Alaskan black ipa, not bad but had better black ipa's nice citrus hops but now roastiness what I'm want in a black ipa

Well I was going to brew but I got home later than expected. Looks like I'm going to prep for a brew day tomorrow. Drinking Blue Sunday, I'm not particularly impressed. I picked up Lips of Faith Transatlantic Kriek so hopefully that's good.

image-66663769.jpg

Swmbo brought home a growler from a local place today. They told her it was a pale ale. I think they need their eyes checked.

20130405_174921_Hagrid-1-1.jpg

Strung up my hops guide lines today.

EDIT: also smells strongly of DMS. I'm glad they cleared it beautifully but more attention could have been given to the flavor and aroma.

HB'ed sweet stout

HB'ed cream ale. Still slightly green, but it's coming along nicely...

Back