? for the PID experts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucfanmike

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ill ask here since this is where the PID experts hang out. I bought the wrong pids and before I make another mistake I have a question

I want the PID to be able to switch the 24vac from my transformer to my gas valve. Looks like the auber 2342 would work. From their diagram online it shows using pins 8&9 for the 24vac. But then I saw some drawings here where others were using a pid that had pins 13 & 14 in use for the gas valve

Please let me know which I need to buy.

Thanks

I want the PID to be able to switch the 24vac from my transformer to my gas valve. Looks like the auber 2342 would work. From their diagram online it shows using pins 8&9 for the 24vac.

Pin 7 is the common between an NC contact connected to pin 6 and an NO contact connected to pin 8. Thus the connection of the transformer to pin 7 and the gas valve to pin 8 would work (with low side of the gas valve back to the low side of the transformer) for PID control.

But then I saw some drawings here where others were using a pid that had pins 13 & 14 in use for the gas valve

Pins 13 and 14 are an alarm connection. These can be used for crude (Delta) temperature control with a gas valve. From the manual:
Hy-2: Deviation low alarm. If the temperature is below “SV-Hy-2 -Hy”, the
alarm will turn on, and the alarm will turn off if the temperature is greater
than “SV-Hy-2 +Hy"

There is a rage thing going on in which people with espresso coffee machines retrofit this controller using the PID output to turn on the heater for the brew part of the cycle and the alarm contacts to turn it on and off for the steam part of the cycle thus allowing this single channel controller to handle two set points.

Latest posts

Back