Bad Leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacktar

Reaction score
Disaster! I went to my fridge yesterday and there was beer all over my floor. I have a single tap system that I've been switching between my two kegs. When I remove the gas line from one keg, beer is leaking up through the post. Is this a post problem or perhaps an Oring issue? I'm amazed at how much beer has been lost this way.

If beer is leaking from the gas post when you remove the gas QD there are at least two problems, with one being a leaky poppet...

Cheers!

Britinusa said:
Have you taken apart the posts and poppets and cleaned them?

Not since I kegged the beer but maybe I'll try that first and change the orings too. I've ordered a new poppet jic.

There are many different types of poppets. If you mix yours up they do not always seal correctly. Ever since I mixed mine up and had issues I ordered the universal one from kegconnection. Works great but on a couple of mine I have to really push the gas line on since it is tight.

How is beer leaking back up through the gas line? Did you over fill the keg?

Tarks said:
How is beer leaking back up through the gas line? Did you over fill the keg?

I guess there's no way for it to go up that way so it must be through the out line. I removed both posts and changed all the orings except for the ones on the poppet and dip tubes. Hoping this will work. If not, I'll try changing poppets and other rings when my supplies arrive. Not sure what kind of Oring goes on the dip tubes.

Back