Magic Hat hicu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer-is-good

Reaction score
A cucumber hibiscus ale. Things like this are why i love craft brews and home brewing. While making plans for my garden this year i wondered about cucumber in beer. I got a magic hat variety pack and there it is! I like this beer its unique and something worth a try. There are no boundries in brewing and if you make it, someone will like it. This is a great summer day beer in my opinion. check it out!

Hmm. I am intrigued. Is there any tartness to it? Everything I've had with hibiscus tart.

I've only had one cucumber beer, at a local beerfest. A cucumber kolsch that was fantastic. I don't normally drink or describe beers as "refreshing" but it was. It was the only beer that stood out among everything I'd tried.

They set the bar pretty high for anyone else.

This is an old thread I know but I’m new to the site. I loved Magic Hat’s HiCu and I would love to try and replicate it. I’ve seen a lot of cucumber beer ideas out there but not a lot of recipes and none that also include hibiscus. Anyone have any ideas for how these ingredients would go together and be brewed? I am very new to brewing.

Back