I may be hooked...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrBeerGut

Reaction score
I sampled my first try at brewing today as I transferred to the carboy where it was dry hopped. It's supposed to be a Crooked Tree IPA. The only problem I see is that it may be a little shy on the 5 gallon mark. Hats off to Adventures in Homebrewing in Taylor and Ann Arbor for all the help.

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

Congrats on your first beer. Dark Horse make a great IPA and now because of AIH so do you. It feels good doesn't it? I used to drive from Ann Arbor to the old Taylor store to get ingredients, Jason and his crew are great. I'm glad they opened a store in A2.

What's your next planned brew? Gotta get that pipeline flowing...

Hooked you say? You have no idea. But, alas there is no turning back now. Welcome :mug:

You say it might be less than 5 gallons? That's terrible, it will be more alcoholic than you had planned for. Maybe you should bottle it up and ship it to me for drinking, uh, I mean disposal.

Congrats on your first brew. If the only mistake was coming up a little shy of 5 gallons, you are well on your way to actually being hooked. I started 8 months ago, with the plan to just do an extract kit once a month or so. I just kegged batches 8 and 9 of all grain over the weekend. Seems that whenever I take a couple of weeks off from brewing, it just leads to a multi-brew weekend. My waistline probably doesnt agree, but my friends and my mind think it's the best thing I've ever done. Welcome to the fun.

Back