Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Note to self: Jinxes are real. Never post before the game is over!]

I bet if I checked the box score, that game turned within a minute of my earlier post. Yikes! :eek:

Bullet dodged - with a backup goalie and a gassed D...

Cheers! (whew! ;) )

Haha, as I was reading your post they were bringing it back, so I'd say that is accurate. Not gonna lie I was ready to yell at you if they came all the way back.

Meanwhile, in Nashville.

BOOGER-EATER.gif

Nice. I like how he starts cheering when he sees his face on the screen. Oblivious to the fact that they just televised him picking his nose and eating it...

The Wings are making their fans sweat out the last few games.

Wow, Toronto is spanking the shìt out of Montreal.

But knowing the Leafs, I'm probably going to regret saying that. :eek:

**** that you will. Took this earlier:

Bizarre game. The first period where they scored 4 goals, they actually were getting pretty outplayed as a whole. And only 5 shots in that entire period. And then the next two periods, the Leafs actually stepped it up a bit and only scored once more.

But Price got pulled faster than he's ever been pulled before, which is awesome. :D

Montreal impressed me with their effort though. Kept at it even when it was clear they weren't coming back from it.

Trash talk at it's finest.

Admire the nutcracker. It's the only Christmas decoration that never gets put away.

By my estimates, the Hawks only need 2.5 more wins to clinch the West and 4 wins to clinch the Pres Trophy. Suck on that, rest of hockey.

So a clinic was put on by Reimer tonight, Kessel comes through once again like the rock star he is, and the Habs all-star goalie Price gets pulled AGAIN.

All is well in the land of hockey.

So a clinic was put on by Reimer tonight, Kessel comes through once again like the rock star he is, and the Habs all-star goalie Price gets pulled AGAIN.

All is well in the land of hockey.

+1

Excellent post. Objective and informative. Well done.

Dang, only 2 wins behind Montreal now. How great would it be to play the first round against the 7th seed? :D

Wow - the Oilers are a complete joke of an organization. Not only a ****ty hockey team, but a terrible front office as well.

Listen to the new GM - what an idiot:
Craig MacTavish: “I think any time you win five Stanley Cups, there’s a certain amount of mess that comes on the tail-end of all that success. It’s the cyclical nature of the business. We kind of semi-jokingly talk about the price we’re still paying for all that success in the ‘80s and early ‘90s that still has a residual effect on where we are right now. "

W. T. F.

It gets better...
Kevin Lowe: ” I would, uh, I think it’s safe to say that half the general managers in the National Hockey League would trade their roster for our roster right now."

HUH??

Alot of people in edmonton are questioning hiring MacTavish. did you see the press conference?? even the reporters were asking why

Alot of people in edmonton are questioning hiring MacTavish. did you see the press conference?? even the reporters were asking why

Yes, it's totally bizarro world over there.

Katz must not be a total moron, right? I mean, he's got to see that Lowe is really screwing this whole thing up. Not sure what's happening, or if there's even a real game plan. Does he really want to run this thing in to the ground and move to Seattle or something?

I really dont know what the thought process was on this one. Darcy Regier was available and is from Alberta. a lot of people were saying he was the logical choice, which I can understand. but why MacT?? has no experience, and the orginization already said he wasn't good enough to be GM a few years ago

He's a former Oiler. It's the same reason that Washington went with Dale Hunter and now Adam Oates.

Yes he is,but I dont think he is the right guy for the job. Its time they got rid of the "old boys club" and looked for the best person for the job, not matter where they come from

Well, last night was a joke, but being the second night of back-to-back games, with Scrivens in net, I had pretty much written the game off anyways. Hopefully they'll use that lubeless anal raping as a learning opportunity for what inevitably happens when they keep allowing themselves to get outshot.

I mean, the Caps are probably the hottest team in the league right now - they'd possibly be in first right now if they hadn't started out so terribly (even if they had started the season at .500, I think - but time and time again, teams that consistently allow themselves to get so badly outshot end up choking hard at one point or another.

Toronto only really needs two wins to clinch though, so chances are good that we'll at least have the opportunity to choke in the playoffs. The 2004-05 lockout marked the beginning of a (league-worst) agonizingly-long playoff drought, and (at the risk of bodily harm or even death that very likely might befall me after jinxing the entire city), I'm going to go ahead and declare said playoff drought ended by the 2012-13 lockout. :ban:

At least it's apt, if nothing else. :fro:

Well, last night was a joke, but being the second night of back-to-back games, with Scrivens in net, I had pretty much written the game off anyways. Hopefully they'll use that lubeless anal raping as a learning opportunity for what inevitably happens when they keep allowing themselves to get outshot.

I mean, the Caps are probably the hottest team in the league right now - they'd possibly be in first right now if they hadn't started out so terribly (even if they had started the season at .500, I think - but time and time again, teams that consistently allow themselves to get so badly outshot end up choking hard at one point or another.

Toronto only really needs two wins to clinch though, so chances are good that we'll at least have the opportunity to choke in the playoffs. The 2004-05 lockout marked the beginning of a (league-worst) agonizingly-long playoff drought, and (at the risk of bodily harm or even death that very likely might befall me after jinxing the entire city), I'm going to go ahead and declare said playoff drought ended by the 2012-13 lockout. :ban:

At least it's apt, if nothing else. :fro:

Caps are insane right now - I would not want to face them in the first round, that's for sure.

Saw this loss coming a mile away. Leafs were playing 3rd game in 4 nights - Washington was rested since Saturday. Toronto has now played NINE games back-to-back, where the other team was fully rested. Stupid schedule, but hey better to do things the hard way.

2nd regulation loss in what, 14 games? That's fine with me.

Even if the Leafs go 0-5-0 from this point on, there is only a 6% chance they miss the post season.

Yes he is,but I dont think he is the right guy for the job. Its time they got rid of the "old boys club" and looked for the best person for the job, not matter where they come from

Not arguing, I'm just saying it's the reason he's GM and that's probably the only reason. Plus he never wore a helmet so he's arguably recognizable and memorable even to casual hockey fans.

Back