IPA -- Need Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornumber3

Reaction score
So i brewed this IPA about 4 weeks ago and my friend I brew with really liked the sample but was asking if there's anything that would make it a hair sweeter. I posted the link to the recipe below.....any suggestions?

http://hopville.com/recipe/41326

Looks like it should be sweet enough already from the ingredients. IPAs are generally dryer than APAs. I don't know any details, but would suggest you consider not messing with it.

What was your FG? I like my FGs for IPA to be 1.010 or lower.

If you must sweeten a beer ...... although I consider it to be sacrilegious, you can add some lactose at bottling. Boil it with the priming sugar. Lactose is non-fermentable. Use with restraint as it can get too sweet quickly. 2 ozs will increase the gravity of a 5 gallon batch by .001.

Thanks, i didn't want to sweeten it but told him would find out. I'm a total hop head so we get difference of opinions on beers. Final was 1.012 if i remember correctly.

I like IPAs to be drier as well. It lets the hops shine through better.

Latest posts

Back