Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we get an invoice??? How to pay???

Bill will update the thread when it's time to pay. Payment notice will go out this week on this thread. Everyone needs to pay up before we submit the order. EVERYONE. All 150+ of you brewing jokers. :rockin: The quicker we all pay, the sooner Bill can submit the order. Bill gets back the order and we find out what ****e is out of inventory and you can begin crying into your homebrews. Order comes in, the split crew gets to work and then we all make a trip down to Bill's shop and pick up our bounty. Check the spreadsheet "General info" Tab for Bill's e-mail and address. More instructions will be forth coming once the order is ready for processing.

Bill will update the thread when it's time to pay. Payment notice will go out this week on this thread. Everyone needs to pay up before we submit the order. EVERYONE. All 150+ of you brewing jokers. :rockin: The quicker we all pay, the sooner Bill can submit the order. Bill gets back the order and we find out what ****e is out of inventory and you can begin crying into your homebrews. Order comes in, the split crew gets to work and then we all make a trip down to Bill's shop and pick up our bounty. Check the spreadsheet "General info" Tab for Bill's e-mail and address. More instructions will be forth coming once the order is ready for processing.

What GH said...

Falconer's Flight 7Cs is out of stock but regular Falconer's Flight is in stock. Should we substitute? Are they similar enough to substitute for each other?

bmason1623 said:
Falconer's Flight 7Cs is out of stock but regular Falconer's Flight is in stock. Should we substitute? Are they similar enough to substitute for each other?

Ah! You said no substitutes!

Pretty sure they're very similar. I'm part of that split and would be fine with the substitute.

Hopefully someone else will chime in their 2 cents.

I started one of the 7Cs splits and I approve this sub.

I do not approve of the HBT iOS app's spacebar.

bmason1623 said:
i did. maybe i'm wrong but arent these two similar? like centennial and centennial type?

I am only teasing. I know there is a ton of work already involved so if something I ordered got dropped I would understand. Actually, magnum hops sold out right? Damn.

Please SUB! I've got those and Northern B and Zythos on my list, both I have read here are out of stock :(

Are there any other hops we could sub out for Northern B or Zythos (that people part of that buy would be fine with)?

I'm disappointed in the Fuggles being sold out, but not enough that I care for a sub. My other choices seem to be available.

Folks this is why we don't really use this type of buy as a hops group buy. This is the exact reason why there is a separate hops group buy. We have much more choice with that buy so keep your eyes open for a chance to get in on that.

ylpaul2000 said:
Folks this is why we don't really use this type of buy as a hops group buy. This is the exact reason why there is a separate hops group buy. We have much more choice with that buy so keep your eyes open for a chance to get in on that.

Easier for people to convince SWMBO of one big order with spacing than alternating orders of sizable price. Personally, I have no idea when the next hop buy is, but my brew lab needs hops at the moment.

First time getting in on the group buy (granted only been brewing for about 6 months), so I'm very happy just to be getting grain/some hops at these prices. Thanks again to those that help put this on!

You can start submitting payment now. Look at the amount due below your last entry on the user sheet of the spreadsheet. I accept paypal or Chase. My email for both methods is on the General Info sheet in cell B7.

DO NOT GIFT ME THE MONEY. PLEASE PAY THE TRANSACTION FEES YOURSELF. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE HOW THEN ASK ON THE THREAD.

Thanks.

Payment Sent.

Looks like PayPal removed the choice between "gift" or "money owed" when just sending money. Only choices now are "pay for goods or services" or "send money to family or friends".

Paid.

Depending upon pickup day, I might be picking up a friend from the UK at the airport on the same day. Not to fret, I'll just bring them along to help. :D

Sent via PayPal. I did family or friend, was that okay Bill? It said that because I sent straight from my bank account that there wouldn't be a fee unless I sent via debit or credit card.

Paid as well.

I will have to dig into the freezer buying may have some extra centenial type simcoe and maybe some Zythos from the last hop buy to unload.

Paid as well.

I will have to dig into the freezer buying may have some extra centenial type simcoe and maybe some Zythos from the last hop buy to unload.

I would be interested in all of those, depending what you have.

sent......bill if I screwed up or owe you more let me know. I said family or friends so I'd have to pay fees if need be.

wagz said:
Paid as well.

I would be interested in some Zythos if you want to sell. I bought some grain this buy specifically to use with zythos, but my order had to be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back