What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a regular for u? What are your thoughts?

Actually the first time I have ever tried it. It's pretty good although I prefer my IPA's to be on the more bitter side. With that said, I would buy it again. After four Hop Notch, I'm finishing my last Southern Tier 2x IPA. That's what Sundays are for, heheheheheh.

Victory's Golden Monkey Trippel. Very solid brew ... will compare to White monkey shortly.

image-3787650984.jpg

I just had a chocolate chip & Whopper cookie and a small sample of my Sour Imperial Stout project. it has a residual sweetness that's ticking me off. but it's pretty good otherwise!

Drank some Allagash house ale while mashing our quad. Too lazy to post a picture and my phone is my brew timer while I'm down here.

32 lbs of grains 6 lbs of candy sugar. Mmm ten gallons of 1.105 boiling away.

image-890470850.jpg

HB Coffee Brown, second boil of the day just started, free to drink some beers now! Version 2 of my Coffee Brown is in the ferm chamber waiting to reach pitching temp. Imperial Red just started boiling.

image-823406990.jpg

How did you sour it?

I did primary with a 2000mL starter of Roselare, a proper secondary with a very active 2000mL starter of Brett B. it never formed a decent pellicle. I brewed it 1-8-12. it was one of my last extract batches. it's been in secondary since 9-2-12. kept it warmish over the last year 68-72F. my wife says it's pretty sour, but all I can taste is the sweetish aftertaste.

some of my sour lemon while I finish up homework. Planning on running over to the newest brewery around. Special opening today and it's walking distance from my house. That will be dangerous if they're any good.

Weathe really was Awesome today despite what the weather man said.

Got the yard ready for the year. Now I'm drinking away the pain
image-3154357129.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
I did primary with a 2000mL starter of Roselare, a proper secondary with a very active 2000mL starter of Brett B. it never formed a decent pellicle. I brewed it 1-8-12. it was one of my last extract batches. it's been in secondary since 9-2-12. kept it warmish over the last year 68-72F. my wife says it's pretty sour, but all I can taste is the sweetish aftertaste.

Aren't you not supposed to make a starter for roselaire? From what I remember reading doing so can throw the proportions of bugs vs sacc out of whack

mcbaumannerb said:
sfrisby - THANK YOU!! Cigar City's Marshal Zhukov's RIS. This is awesome!

Is that a 2012? I thought that comes out in May. You got hooked up, if it's a 2012, you really got hooked up!
What did you think about it?

Latest posts

Back