What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be one of those nights...

image-3458219920.jpg

Hmm, its been a long day thats for sure. All on a day that i told myself I wasnt going to drink. Hahahaha. What a joke.

Started with trying to make a Pliny clone, and shot for an OG of 1.074 and instead ended up at 1.064. WTF! Some sort of efficiency problem. * Had an Old Albion Ale

Then went to dinner with the wife. * 2 Negro Modelo with my mexi food

Went to a local beer place and had a *Green Flash Palate Wrecker off tap

Then came home to keg my Amber I made, and the hydro sample (which I drank) was pretty bad. Not sure how I screwed this beer up. Kegged it and grabbed my latest beer. * Drinking an Anti-Hero IPA (love this beer)

Im at that point right now that I feel like my brewing in general, SUCKS! I have brewed 9 beers so far, and only have had 2 that I have actually really liked and wanted to keep drinking. The others have been rather bad, with off flavors and just not a "great" beer in my mind. Not sure what is going on. Contemplating the whole thing. But I am going to try and keep with it, figure out the flaws,and actually make a decent beer haha.

Hmm, its been a long day thats for sure. All on a day that i told myself I wasnt going to drink. Hahahaha. What a joke.

Started with trying to make a Pliny clone, and shot for an OG of 1.074 and instead ended up at 1.064. WTF! Some sort of efficiency problem. * Had an Old Albion Ale

Then went to dinner with the wife. * 2 Negro Modelo with my mexi food

Went to a local beer place and had a *Green Flash Palate Wrecker off tap

Then came home to keg my Amber I made, and the hydro sample (which I drank) was pretty bad. Not sure how I screwed this beer up. Kegged it and grabbed my latest beer. * Drinking an Anti-Hero IPA (love this beer)

Im at that point right now that I feel like my brewing in general, SUCKS! I have brewed 9 beers so far, and only have had 2 that I have actually really liked and wanted to keep drinking. The others have been rather bad, with off flavors and just not a "great" beer in my mind. Not sure what is going on. Contemplating the whole thing. But I am going to try and keep with it, figure out the flaws,and actually make a decent beer haha.

Keep with it man, you'll find a way! "If there's a will, there's a way."

Swarley88 said:
I know, I know. Luckily there are more. Unlike that damned Third Coast.... hahah

Haha, well I guess they're meant to be drank and enjoyed eventually. Sometimes it's hard to just do it. I always think: No, I'm going to save that for a special occasion.
Then I realize there haven't been any special occasions in a long time so what the hell, drinking the beer will be the special occasion.

A sample of the Simcoe/Amarillo IPA I kegged tonight. Put some in a 1 liter bottled and force carbed with a carbonator cap. This was my 1st original recipe and I have to say I came up with a winner. Tropical fruit on the nose like crazy and smells kinda sweet, then the flavor has a touch of malt and caramel followed by a smooth bitterness with tropical fruit/piney hop flavor. Easy drinking 7%abv brew. I love Simcoe and Amarillo together.

Haha, well I guess they're meant to be drank and enjoyed eventually. Sometimes it's hard to just do it. I always think: No, I'm going to save that for a special occasion.
Then I realize there haven't been any special occasions in a long time so what the hell, drinking the beer will be the special occasion.

Exactly, I mostly just save them to see how flavors develop. No special occasions come for me, me drinking a good beer that I have been aging is about as special as it gets ahaha. The Pentagram, I had when I was drunk with Nordy. So tonight I figured I would try it out when I am a bit more clear headed. The Third Coast I never had before. Luckily Pentagram is still around here, by me overpriced, but other places still have them too. So I can grab another bottle and age it without having the want to try it. :rockin:

Water! Oh wait, NEWCASTLE! Gotta pace myself, forgot I have school tonight. Have to make sure I'm not hanging for The Bruery tomorrow.

ckcanady said:
Nice... Love the new glass but I though it wasn't available yet
I love it too. I'm here in Chico so I have the privilege of having everything Sierra Nevada. Not sure about the availability everywhere else.

Started with a 750ml Three Philosophers that I reluctantly shared with the wife, since she picked it up for me, having adhered to the "if you go to Safeway, always buy some Chimay and Three Philosophers" rule. And I just finished a bottle of a quad I made about 8 months ago that could still use some aging.

#9 Not quite pale ale by magic hat. Too fruity for my taste might be a good one for the wives...

image-2477349931.jpg

A AG cream ale which of coarse has no flavor really , or is it just my taste buds that find creams to be more like flavored water . Oh well any way I like to put some whole hops in a strainer and then pour the beer through the hops to add in some flavor . I am using chinook right now but have been using willamette. I also do this with blondes

2013 stone old guardian. The trend this year for barley wines seems to be hopping the **** outta them. Gonna definitely age those out so I can enjoy some malt characteristics in them!

So far I've been patient with mine sitting in the cellar for a month - but I have looked longingly at it a few times! :mug:

My first time with this one, bought the 4pack on deal and going to see if I will have the patience to age the rest.

I've hidden my last two to help me resist...

View attachment 113572

If you love Simcoe, get this.
That is an awesome beer - especially at the brew pub! :mug:

Latest posts

Back