Bavarian Wheat ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTKBA

Reaction score
I brewed a Bavarian wheat extract kit from Midwest and it has been fermenting for a few days longer then the instructions say. I took a reading today and the gravity is right on where it should be.My question is when I tasted the sample it had a tingling sensation almost like licking a 9 volt battery. other then that it tasted fine. Is that something that is normal? and will it go away after bottling and carbing?

Yep, it will develop a better flavor profile as it ages. I wouldn't worry about what the instructions say as far as how long it will take to ferment; rely more on your hydrometer. By the way, welcome to HBT.

Thanks for the help guys. I was just worried about the tingling feeling...

I brewed Bavarian Wheat extract and used Tettnang Hops Pellets, I also used WYeast Smack Pack. I made 5 gallons of beer, my question is this, is it normal to stop percolating after only 5 days?

I am brewing Bavarian Wheat and I need to know how much Priming Sugar to use for 2 Liter bottles.

Question 1

Bubbles mean nothing as fermentation will slow down. Gravity readings will tell you what's happening. 6 days is too soon to worry, ImO the first reading should be 10-14 days

Question 2
You want to bulk prime the batch, then package. Adding individual amounts to individual bottles is not very accurate. General rule of thumb is .75-1oz priming sugar per gallon of finished beer

Back