BEST music in a film... (orchestral scores aside)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on you guys!

[ame]http://youtu.be/RMcempYIpD4[/ame]

Enough already! Admit it! Time to embrace the little girl inside you!

The last one is Mad World right? Good song and pretty perfect in that movie.

Yes, Mad World....covered by I believe Gary Jules. It was originally a Tears for Fears song. Another Tears for Fears song is also in the movie, "Head Over Heels." Great movie, and great soundtrack

I'm kind of surprised August Rush hasn't been mentioned. Some absolutely great guitar songs in there - one of them instantly recognizable as Kaki King to anyone that knows her style.

Donnie Darko still absolutely kills it as far as I am concerned.

I fully accept that my timing of birth has a lot to do with it. I was at the right age to half hear some of those in conjunction with my teen angst, which counterpoints the movie brilliantly and leaves a soundtrack that stands on it's own.

Snatch. The songs that stand out the most for me are Disco Science: hare coursing/Tyrone rundown scene, Golden Brown: post Mickey vs Gorgeous George fight) and Lucky Star: Bullet Tooth Tony has Mullet's head stuck in the car window while driving down the street.

"SUPER MOVES" - Overseer

"DIAMOND" - Klint

"HERNANDO'S HIDEAWAY" - The Johnston Brothers

"VIVA LAS VEGAS" - Elvis Presley

"GOLDEN BROWN" - The Stranglers

"GHOST TOWN" - The Specials

"DREADLOCK HOLIDAY" - 10CC

"CROSS THE TRACKS (WE BETTER GO BACK)" - Maceo Parker and the Macks

"DISCO SCIENCE" - Mirwaïs

"LUCKY STAR"- Madonna

"HOT PANTS (I'M COMING, COMING, I'M COMING)" - Bobby Byrd

"SENSUAL WOMAN" - The Herbaliser

"ANGEL"- Massive Attack

"ARE YOU THERE?"- Klint

"FU**IN' IN THE BUSHES"- Oasis

"DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT"- Huey "Piano" Smith

"HAVA NAGILA"

"KOSHA NOSTRA THEME"

glad to see someone eventually threw out the Dazed and Confused soundtrack; that's on of few i've ever actually bought..

and an epic metal one; Freddy Vs. Jason soundtrack!
you had devildriver, in flames, killswitch engage, stone sour, murderdolls, hatebreed, lamb of god etc. and plus it had a seether song that didn't suck.

Big Black Backwards..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back