Favorite Breakfast Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smonteton

Reaction score
Nothing like waking up to a cold one , I love myself a good Ipa in the morning its like refreshing liquid home cooked breakfast and quite filling also!

What are some of your favorite breakfast beers?

Two times when I do breakfast beer. Camping and Christmas morning, the second with a couple of tamales smothered in green chili and a fried egg. Camping, it's whatever is in a can and cold. Christmas morning it's a Mexican Vienna Lager- Victoria or Negra Modelo.

I prefer something dark and malty for breakfast, like Descheutes' Black Butte Porter or Big Sky's Moose Drool, or maybe an imperial stout. Nothing too hoppy that early in the morning for me.

Hard cider also makes a good substitute for morning juice....

Tecate with 7up is my breakfast at Burning Man. It's a German thing (the beer/lemonade mix, not Burning Man).

Camping, it's whatever is in a can and cold.

Absolutely. Nothing tastes better than a cold PBR or High Life in the middle of the woods when you're hungover as hell from all the bourbon around the campfire the night before.

I would feel kind of loserly having a beer at home before noon. But if I did, it would be a low abv session beer. Something light bodied, 4% abv, balanced, easy-drinking, and not gonna get me sloshed too quickly and make me pass out a few hours later. I think that's a better bet than a few 8-11% abv coffee beers.

All of them? ;)

Oakshire Overcast Espresso Stout!

I'm neither a coffee drinker, nor much for stouts, but, damn, that stuff is awesome for getting things started on a weekend brew session.

Back