I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh bother. I am putting on my work boots again. Car dealership is getting yantsy about their trees needing to come down. We had a couple of days that were pretty windy and they have already had one car damaged from a falling limb.

I had a old benchtop chainsaw sharpener that I was hoping would last through one more summer but yesterday the bearings went out of it again. I have repaired that silly thing so many times I just tossed it and got a new one yesterday. Wow what a difference between them. I got a pro model that could be used in a pinch as a commercial sharpener.

Bring on the trees because I am getting in touch with my inner Paul Bunyon :ban:

Man, this thread really picked up steam lately. I've been going through internet withdrawl. My modem crapped out on me. I finally went cellular and cancelled my home phone. When they swithced me over to a data line for my internet, my modem stopped working. Seems very odd since I've never had any problems with it. Anyway, they sent me a new one for free and I'm back online. I'll give it about a week and make sure it keeps working and then I'll be cancelling my satellite tv and switching to netflix streaming. I don't watch tv much anymore and when I do it's just for movies and my satellite package rarely has a movie I haven't seen. For 8 bucks a month I think netflix is worth a shot. Anyone else using it? Good, bad?

BBL_Brewer said:
Man, this thread really picked up steam lately. I've been going through internet withdrawl. My modem crapped out on me. I finally went cellular and cancelled my home phone. When they swithced me over to a data line for my internet, my modem stopped working. Seems very odd since I've never had any problems with it. Anyway, they sent me a new one for free and I'm back online. I'll give it about a week and make sure it keeps working and then I'll be cancelling my satellite tv and switching to netflix streaming. I don't watch tv much anymore and when I do it's just for movies and my satellite package rarely has a movie I haven't seen. For 8 bucks a month I think netflix is worth a shot. Anyone else using it? Good, bad?

I've had Netflix for a long time, and I love it. Also, if you have Amazon Prime, there are lots of movies and TV shows you can stream for free.

We cancelled our TV service and just use hulu and Netflix. The only thing I miss is watching sports and some TV shows that aren't in Netflix/Hulu. We're getting a Roku box for that.

Wait, what?

I got a reminder that I have not been around in a while.
Good to see you back Dan!
And hope everyone else is well.

Crazy busy building, fixing, and posting about my guitar amps.
Brewing even halted but I made my best ever.
Liquid Hobby IPA.
I had Amber in the primary for 4 weeks and bottled it last night.
Looks and tastes great so far.

So I am still enjoying playing with the kits and going back to "store bought" was a real
eye opener.
I owe this forum a lot for the early success!

Welcome back, Cygnus. :ban:

Thanks.
The banana means more than you think.
It's a common term among Kramer guitar players, as one
of their headstock styles is the "banana head".
I'm a beak head guy myself, but it's all good!

Hope is well in your house and home, I know you have a world
of stuff to deal with.

:mug:

Thanks Cygnus same to you!

Netflix is mostly all I watch. We have cable but if it were just up to me Netflix would be just fine.

Thanks Cygnus same to you!

Netflix is mostly all I watch. We have cable but if it were just up to me Netflix would be just fine.

Hey guys and gals! I've been in and out around here for a while too. Nice to see everyone still hangin in there.

Netflix is the best. We shut off our cable in the summer and hardly miss it. If it werent for the football we wouldnt need it at all.

We are having the longest, most depressing spring ever around here. 4-8 inches of snow/ wind/ freezing rain in the forcast for the next few days. The sun is coming out once or twice a week for a few minutes for the last few weeks. I can't remember why the hell I live here:drunk:

We had 4 days of mid 40 temps last week, lots of melt going on and then this weekend we get 22" of snow in my neighborhood. So much for Spring here.

We had 4 days of mid 40 temps last week, lots of melt going on and then this weekend we get 22" of snow in my neighborhood. So much for Spring here.

Wow...that sucks. At least you hit 40. I don't think we were there yet.

It is always cold or windy or cold and windy or hot and humid around here. I guess that is the cost of living between two great lakes.

Yooper weather: $hitty, partly $hitty, mostly $hitty, and rarely, not $hitty.

Hey Bobbi! I've been around but these UP winters seem to turn me into a bit of a lurker. I've been keeping up with you...dont worry:D

Sometimes hubby lurks outside my craft room window, and it does worry me. I asked him one time, what are you doing? You scared me! He said just going for a walk. In the overgrown backyard? Why not take a walk down the long driveway? He hears all kinds of clanging noises and stuff, wonders what I do back here. I need to install some blinds. He is not allowed in my craft room, I keep broken glass on the floor near the doorway. So now he sneaks around to the window. :drunk:

I'm ready for spring too ... We went from winter with almost no snow to mid-to-upper 80's the last two days. And right now we are having a very summer-like thunderstorm rolling through!

Sometimes hubby lurks outside my craft room window, and it does worry me. I asked him one time, what are you doing? You scared me! He said just going for a walk. In the overgrown backyard? Why not take a walk down the long driveway? He hears all kinds of clanging noises and stuff, wonders what I do back here. I need to install some blinds. He is not allowed in my craft room, I keep broken glass on the floor near the doorway. So now he sneaks around to the window. :drunk:

Yeah, I'd keep my eye on that guy. He sounds kinda creepy:D

If it were you and me, I'd respect your "craft" room after you nursed me back from third degree broken glass wounds on my feet. After that, I'd just drink your strange beverages and be happy:drunk:

You all talking about the cold makes me feel a bit guilty. We had an unseasonably warm winter her in central CA. It never really gets very cold in the winter just extremely foggy. I mean like London fog on crack. I normally start messing around with the back yard around late March early April. This year it was greening up in January and by end of Feb needed mowing on a regular basis. Right now it is a lush bluish green thick carpet.

Not rubbing it in. Grass is always greener on the other side. I could handle a rough Michigan winter, I grew up in Illinios... Wait... The heck with that! I'm spoiled now.

On a silly side note. I listen to Bob and Tom in the morning. Sometimes I think they have the maturity of young high school kids. The other day they were talking about a poll. Those that had the most sex per state and sex drives. Michigan had the highest number on sexual activity between couple per week out of all states and at the same time had the lowest sex drive...

MY point? I probably don't have much of one. Maybe it's those arctic like winters that helps with that. Tit for Tat... wait.. I didn't mean titt for that. :mug:

Evening late-nite crew. Hope all is well. Dan, great to see you active again and reading the Kinsey Report. I used to live up in the frozen tundra and I agree with the correlation between cold nights and gettin bizzy.

Here's a dark, haunting submission for your late-nite soundtrack. Hope I didn't already post this before. I do have a late-nite soundtrack that is full of this kind of music. From LOTR - Two Towers (played during closing credits)

Last edited by a moderator:
You all talking about the cold makes me feel a bit guilty. We had an unseasonably warm winter her in central CA. It never really gets very cold in the winter just extremely foggy. I mean like London fog on crack. I normally start messing around with the back yard around late March early April. This year it was greening up in January and by end of Feb needed mowing on a regular basis. Right now it is a lush bluish green thick carpet.

Not rubbing it in. Grass is always greener on the other side. I could handle a rough Michigan winter, I grew up in Illinios... Wait... The heck with that! I'm spoiled now.

On a silly side note. I listen to Bob and Tom in the morning. Sometimes I think they have the maturity of young high school kids. The other day they were talking about a poll. Those that had the most sex per state and sex drives. Michigan had the highest number on sexual activity between couple per week out of all states and at the same time had the lowest sex drive...

MY point? I probably don't have much of one. Maybe it's those arctic like winters that helps with that. Tit for Tat... wait.. I didn't mean titt for that. :mug:

Love Bob and Tom! I can relate to their maturity level. Sometimes, I have to ask my Mom about some things they talk about...she 'splains it to me:D

I was NOT polled on that subject. If I have more sex than those living in other places, I feel sorry for you folks:mad: Maybe the three boys 7 and under F's that up.

You will live longer up here though. It's just like storing meat. If you're frozen half the time, you'll last twice as long:drunk:

Ischiavo, I missed your humor these last few months. I am going to go back home to Illinois one of these days and take a drive up to Yooper-land and drink a beer with you. Please invite Yoop!

It's been warm here for a while, too. I purposely don't start watering the grass until about now. I have tiff green that requires mowing 3 days a week, so I'm in no hurry for greener pastures. Once water touches it, it starts growing over night.

On another note. I'm as giddy as a school boy. I have to share my current experience. I just poured the very first glass of beer from my new keezer. The beer is a double IPA named Abrasion. It's a take on Surly Abrasive.

Wow! I love my keezer! Kegging is so easy and awesome! The beer could use another few days to carbonate more, but it's very drinkable. (EDIT: By the time I finished typing this I already poured 2 more glasses :D). It's a great feeling after a year of planning, researching, and then finally building.

Cheers my friends!

First pour on keezy.jpg

Are those paintings of das Vaterland in the background Stauf? ;)

Yes Dan, ditto on weather guilt. We are a little behind on rain which is worrisome, but the weather since January has been unreal north of you. Perfect days, every day. We've had a few small storms come through, hardly any frost, but no real winter to report.

It's been warm here for a while, too. I purposely don't start watering the grass until about now. I have tiff green that requires mowing 3 days a week, so I'm in no hurry for greener pastures. Once water touches it, it starts growing over night.

On another note. I'm as giddy as a school boy. I have to share my current experience. I just poured the very first glass of beer from my new keezer. The beer is a double IPA named Abrasion. It's a take on Surly Abrasive.

Wow! I love my keezer! Kegging is so easy and awesome! The beer could use another few days to carbonate more, but it's very drinkable. (EDIT: By the time I finished typing this I already poured 2 more glasses :D). It's a great feeling after a year of planning, researching, and then finally building.

Cheers my friends!

Oh, wow, your arms are really hairy.

Mike. Super happy to hear you tapped. Keg in your beautiful new keezer.!! Heres to many more.

Yep BB, very dry year here. Hope we aren't in for a crazy hot summer.

Ischiavo, I missed your humor these last few months. I am going to go back home to Illinois one of these days and take a drive up to Yooper-land and drink a beer with you. Please invite Yoop!

I'll be here waiting and Yoop is 15 minutes away. You should ride that hog up here this summer...

Yeah, I'd keep my eye on that guy. He sounds kinda creepy:D

If it were you and me, I'd respect your "craft" room after you nursed me back from third degree broken glass wounds on my feet. After that, I'd just drink your strange beverages and be happy:drunk:

Yes, see what I have to live with? Some creepy guy that I think is stalking me, always wondering what the hell I am doing. It's a mural!!! And over there is some sort of beer brewing. Go away, I am busy!!! You'd think because I hardly ever leave the house, he'd be able to track my actions, but nope. Keep him guessing from the other room. Or, standing outside my window trying to figure it out. :rockin:

Netflix is awsome. The last few weeks I've been watching all the old Bond, James Bond 007 series.

I have a secret to admit.. Regardless of what my avatar looks like.. I'm just Dan. Not a young Sean Connery.. When I put it up just wanted something classic like Passedpawn and TxBrew had. :eek: Surprise surprise.

Here's me really. Not the best of pics but one from today.

I'll be here waiting and Yoop is 15 minutes away. You should ride that hog up here this summer...

Would like to. Maybe will actually do. I'm planning a move to Hawaii to be with my wife in January. Once there will be stuck on that island for life probably, not necessarily a bad thing. But maybe I should make a cross country trip and visit my homeland and meet at least one good friend from HBT before I go off to a life so far away.

Netflix is awsome. The last few weeks I've been watching all the old Bond, James Bond 007 series.

I have a secret to admit.. Regardless of what my avatar looks like.. I'm just Dan. Not a young Sean Connery.. When I put it up just wanted something classic like Passedpawn and TxBrew had. :eek: Surprise surprise.

Here's me really. Not the best of pics but one from today.

I thought you would look older. I still like you though.

Back