Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, not sure I can identify all of those beers but that looks like an epic haul from what I can.

sfrisby said:
Yep. Now we are gonna pick up the momentum!

Definitely. I have a feeling the pics will get more people's attention and more willing to not only play, but really hook each other up. Great work guys!!

Make sure to give trader feedback when you get your MAW. I know its easy to get excited and forget.

Cant wait to hop back in on this! Itll have to wait a few wks. since I am having to concentrate on moving cross country in less than 2 wks.!

nedvalton said:
a big thanks to JJ (javier25)

Good grief - now I'm glad I didn't just send you the two bottles I had - I'd have to pack up the other half of my cellar out of guilt. ;) you sir are a gentleman and a scholar and certainly winning this thread so far.

Good grief - now I'm glad I didn't just send you the two bottles I had - I'd have to pack up the other half of my cellar out of guilt. ;) you sir are a gentleman and a scholar and certainly winning this thread so far.

Awe schucks *blushing! Just wait til you get yours buddy!

Ok. Here's my list.

Chocolate Rain (hey, it is a wish list after all. And if anyone is that generous and needs to hold off shipping to allow the recent allocation to arrive, im MORE than happy to accommodate.)
Black Tuesday
Bcbs cherry
Cognac BA Church on a hill
Bells BA Batch 9000
Avery uncle Jacob
Hair of the dog Matt
Foothills barrel aged people's porter
Shorts key lime pie
Darkhorse BA plead the 5th

Bump. I believe this is current?

This gets me excited! I couldn't wait until I qualified, so I set up a trade with fellow HBTer that's getting shipped out in the morning. I guess I'm going to have to go to the beer store and see what's left when I go to the post office. I saw most of these there last night.

This gets me excited! I couldn't wait until I qualified, so I set up a trade with fellow HBTer that's getting shipped out in the morning. I guess I'm going to have to go to the beer store and see what's left when I go to the post office. I saw most of these there last night.

Most of these on shelf?!?!? I either need to shop where you shop, or become your best friend!

xtian116 said:

That is quite interesting! Where in the world do you live, that those beers are so readily available?!

I figured another 24 hours and then I'd bring in the B team?

sfrisby said:
Ok. Here's my list.

Chocolate Rain (hey, it is a wish list after all. And if anyone is that generous and needs to hold off shipping to allow the recent allocation to arrive, im MORE than happy to accommodate.)
Black Tuesday
Bcbs cherry
Bells BA Batch 9000
Avery uncle Jacob
Hair of the dog Matt
Shorts key lime pie

Its a pretty tough list, but it is a wish list after all. But you dont want the thread to lose momentum, I am anxiously waiting to get in.

I dont have, nor can I get even 1 of those beers on the list. I guess my cellar is a stinkbomb.

I dont have, nor can I get even 1 of those beers on the list. I guess my cellar is a stinkbomb.

I wouldn't say that. I think people here dont realize that it's ok to give something that you dont want to get rid of. Hell, ed gave me a 2012 hunahpu! Just think of it like karma. You give something someone really wants, and you will get something you really want. so come on people! Reach deep into your cellar and make a wish come true!

Ok. Here's my list.

Black Tuesday
Bcbs cherry
Bells BA Batch 9000
Avery uncle Jacob
Hair of the dog Matt
Shorts key lime pie

Bump!

Javier25 said:
Hell, ed gave me a 2012 hunahpu! Just think of it like karma. You give something someone really wants, and you will get something you really want.

That's the way I feel. Beer is meant to be drunk. If its just collecting dust in your cellar, what's the point? That's why we need the pictures of the haul. I think the package I sent arrives today. If everyone continues to see what everyone is giving up, more people will be willing to part with something good.

I wouldn't say that. I think people here dont realize that it's ok to give something that you dont want to get rid of. Hell, ed gave me a 2012 hunahpu! Just think of it like karma. You give something someone really wants, and you will get something you really want. so come on people! Reach deep into your cellar and make a wish come true!

Oh yea, I would be willing to part with some of my prize beers from the cellar for sure. Unfortunately I just cant touch the current list available.

I have about 100 beers in the cellar but its nothing rare, most of them are readily available (although some are old) beers. Except for a few Lambics.

Surely nothing exotic though, Boon, Tilquin, Girardin. No Cantillon or 3 Font :(

Actually there is a story behind it, I was in Belgium last month and forgot to check my bag that had 3 Cantillon 750mls and 3 3 Font 375ml bottles. They all got confiscated.

Drinking all night and getting on a 7am flight is not a good idea.

Agree 100%. I don't think this list is too crazy. Like other posters have said, I've got 1 on most of these lists, but haven't had the required 2. I can't wait to contribute.

I mean, what's cooler than sharing good beer? :)

How about this. If you have 1 thing on the list, offer something else........? I dont know if that would break any rules, but to me it seems practical. Who knows, maybe that one beer is big enough to not care so much about the second one! lol I know that I forgot to mention some that I wanted. So who knows

I'd let it ride and eventually someone will jump in and fulfill the wish. If they ask for something super rare that you can get and nothing else shoot them a PM and see how they feel about it. I'd prefer to keep it to getting 2 off the wish list though.
I think some of the beers on people's list just aren't easy to find for most of us and others may not want to part with them. With enough time though, there will always be somebody that can make it happen.

Posting here so I can keep track of this thread easier on the iPhone app.
This is a great idea. All of these wish lists look pretty much like mine would. Hopefully I'll be able to grant someone's wish eventually.

I need to get posting..would love to get in on this

Post whore it up in the noob section for a little bit. You'll not only be helping people get off to a good start with their brewing but getting yourself qualified for the MAW at the same time. Sounds like a win win to me.
I actually recommend this approach to anyone looking to join that currently doesnt have enough posts.

Javier25 said:
Most of these on shelf?!?!? I either need to shop where you shop, or become your best friend!

I'm in Pomona, CA it's a 25 minute drive to the Bruery

Plus there are three stores around that pride themselves on their craft beer selection.

I figured another 24 hours and then I'd bring in the B team?

Ok. Here's my list.

Black Tuesday
Bcbs cherry
Bells BA Batch 9000
Avery uncle Jacob
Hair of the dog Matt
Shorts key lime pie
Darkhorse BA plead the 5th.

Bumping this to the front page. Add as you feel, you could end up adding some things that enable someone to fulfill your wish.

Sfrisby - you have exceeded my expectations! Many thanks! :mug:

image-2282713715.jpg

Key West,

Now that we have some pics up, maybe you can add them to your original post. If newbies can more easily see what is shared when they find this thread, maybe there will be more participation.

Latest posts

Back