What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You make it to the release yesterday?

Nope I went to the wrong one. I went to traverse city and the release was in Ann Arbor only :( I thought it would of been at both but I was wrong you are who I was going to get a extra bottle for it was supposed to be a surprise but as my luck would have it I didn't even get one :(

Working my way through a keg of IPA. It's not mind-blowing, but good enough to drink. I have a HB'ed oatmeal stout on deck, that's much better. I'm heating my strike water for a Cascade Blonde now...

Nope I went to the wrong one. I went to traverse city and the release was in Ann Arbor only :( I thought it would of been at both but I was wrong you are who I was going to get a extra bottle for it was supposed to be a surprise but as my luck would have it I didn't even get one :(

Well snot rockets. I'll still be loading up for you and everybody else when we go to Terrapin this summer. Did you have fun at the brew pub at least?

My censored ale ran out just in time to tap my Miabock

ForumRunner_20130429_192111.png

Well snot rockets. I'll still be loading up for you and everybody else when we go to Terrapin this summer. Did you have fun at the brew pub at least?

Oh ya it was a blast they are a distillery to so me and the wife had a riot we don't get to have to much alone time after all a ten year old and seven year old keep us on edge but I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

my Zythos IPA. and I wasn't sure if they want us to prepare our 5 y/o for kindergarten or college.

No kidding. I remember kindergarten as finger painting, naps and recess. Now the have reading, writing, math and science! I think it is too much pressure on the kids at that age, but what the h3ll do I know...:drunk:

Oh ya it was a blast they are a distillery to so me and the wife had a riot we don't get to have to much alone time after all a ten year old and seven year old keep us on edge but I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

5 & 2 y/o here. I'd say they're wound like an eight day clock, but they have more days than that in theirs.

No kidding. I remember kindergarten as finger painting, naps and recess. Now the have reading, writing, math and science! I think it is too much pressure on the kids at that age, but what the h3ll do I know...:drunk:

still my Zythos IPA (since I don't want to get too far off topic)

no joke! we had alphabet, some counting, but mostly social & coordination skills.

My 6.6% Pliny. Wish I would have hit my OG-was way off. MOre like a Blind Pig I guess but a bit maltier,verycrystal clear (no haze at all) and a bit lighter and definnatly brighter with a kind of mildly dark hue than the pic but definatly darker than the real deal.Very good beer nontheless,reminds me of some Lagunitas kindof. Carbs a little heavy. One of my more delicious ipa's than the average.

0429032025.jpg

image-1584499285.jpg

Wildwood Brewing Mystical Stout. LoloMT7 sent me a couple of these a little while ago. The first one, I did my typical stout routine, pull it out of the fridge when you open a beer, let it warm on the counter whilst you drink the aforementioned beer. I didn't really care for it. This time I pulled it out 2 beers before, and I must say, this is a damn good beer at room temp. Thanks Lolo!

Felt like hangin with my man, Johnny Walker tonight. And Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I mean, you know how it goes...but it really isn't that bad of a flick! I'm getting a bunch of good laughs!

2013-04-29 21.27.38.jpg

Classic Pilsner. Not bad for an extract kit (the only extract brew I've made). I had some trouble with this one attenuating out, but gave it lots of time in primary, secondary and bottle conditioning. Tastes good after nearly a month cold conditioning. Plus, My wife likes it! :)

tyzippers said:
Felt like hangin with my man, Johnny Walker tonight. And Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I mean, you know how it goes...but it really isn't that bad of a flick! I'm getting a bunch of good laughs!

I'm going to give you a Hawaiian name...Peepyopee!

Oh yea, there's some hops in this one. The restaurant I cook at is doing all the Sierra Nevada Seasonals and putting them on tap each month. I think its this next month we will be putting in this lovely hop bomb on tap.
ForumRunner_20130429_212954.png

Swarley88 said:
Oh yea, there's some hops in this one. The restaurant I cook at is doing all the Sierra Nevada Seasonals and putting them on tap each month. I think its this next month we will be putting in this lovely hop bomb on tap.

I need to pick some of that up this time around. I saw it last year and kept passing it up and then it was gone.

I need to pick some of that up this time around. I saw it last year and kept passing it up and then it was gone.

I think you should too. I was just browsing and saw that this is in stores now. Very very bitter and at 10.4%, you can't go wrong. Store still had Bigfoot too. I wish they had Narwhal, so I could pick up a 4 pack and not keep eying the one I have saving until this years release.

Swarley88 said:
I think you should too. I was just browsing and saw that this is in stores now. Very very bitter and at 10.4%, you can't go wrong. Store still had Bigfoot too. I wish they had Narwhal, so I could pick up a 4 pack and not keep eying the one I have saving until this years release.

I'll definitely pick some up.
One of the stores here has some 2012 Bigfoot still. And I just recently saw some Narwhal at one of their other locations. I probably should have bought some. You can't have too much Imperial Stout around.

Enjoying a home brewed stout that nuke sent me awhile back. Wildly complex starts out big & malty and then finishes dry & smoky. Nice work nuke!!

ForumRunner_20130429_211229.jpg

Sly fox route 113 ipa.
Very unbalanced bitter mess..
I took acouple of sips and drain poor, can't win them all..
Back to my homebrew.
Igotsand

ForumRunner_20130429_200709.jpg

It's a "May" release. They have been a bit behind since Hunahpu Day, I'm having a hard time getting fresh Jai-Alai right now. I'm sure it will be available in the Tampa Bay market first, definitely have them stop by the brewery if possible. Have them get any imperial or imperial sweet stout they can get their hands on.

View attachment 118892

Speaking of CCB, having a Tocobaga now. Ahtanum/Simcoe goodness.

Ahhhhhh so its Ahantum and Simcoe? I got that the other day (crazy expensive at 2.59 a bottle...and I live in FL for god's sake...) and my girl and I loved it. I want to try to clone it, but that would be quite a stretch for my first American Red....

Finished off about 1.5 liters of Graff... Whew! So smooth, so intoxicating. Of course, I was also teaching a neighbor some of the finer points of homebrewing...:drunk:

woknblues said:
Finished off about 1.5 liters of Graff... Whew! So smooth, so intoxicating. Of course, I was also teaching a neighbor some of the finer points of homebrewing...:drunk:

You know you're in trouble when you're measuring with liters!

Latest posts

Back