Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lawn done,crusher arrived,car being delivered,bottles cleaned...even some German Wernesgruner bottles. Now if midwest would've shipped,I'd be brewing my Berliner Weisse on big brew day Saturday.

I just paid almost $8 for a pint at Farmhouse in Chicago. I could have brewed 5 gallons for just a few times that...

At work the other day I saw this big guy and was thinking dam I could mill a lot of grains with that SOB

image-3948872627.jpg

"What in the world can I use this cool little empty White Labs yeast vial for? There's gotta be something!"

Just finished brewing; any suggestions? Skipping work was never so much fun!

woknblues said:
"That second chest freezer is totally reasonable and be used for other important stuff in addition to holding kegs, bottled beer, and food like cured bacon, cured salmon, olives and other stuff related to beer in some way."

I'm working through this one still...

buzbey said:
haaa. I just pulled my phone out on the poo kettle and this is the first post I read.

Lol you could set your watch by my morning bathroom visit. It is the same thing everyday, out of bed at seven, grab the iPAD and straight to the crapper and get my daily HBT fix!

How can I use this random item in my brewing. (Looking at 100 items at a rummage sale)

Speaking of yeast.

Looking in fridge at a bunch of unlabeled jars of yeast and thinking I'll just smell them and try to remember what they are.

I should wash out these bottles. Even though I am 1500 miles from home and would have to pack them in my carry on luggage.

I've brought empty bombers back with me in checked luggage. Couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

Yep, no matter how long I am gone SWMBO sees me packing up saved bottles.

Nightshade said:
Six months worth of beer designs, no system to brew on.

Makes sense, right?

I was designing recipes for almost 2 years before I was able to get a 3gal BIAB system... So I know your pain.

Having a great time talking on the phone to your 24 year old son about which recipes you are each going to brew over the weekend and getting into in-depth yeast discussions :)

This morning while standing in the open door to my garage, checking the gravity on my wort with the refractometer, the Google Earth car drove by capturing my street. My first thought: "You know you're a homebrewer when the photo of your house on Google earth shows you in the garage brewing."

This morning while standing in the open door to my garage, checking the gravity on my wort with the refractometer, the Google Earth car drove by capturing my street. My first thought: "You know you're a homebrewer when the photo of your house on Google earth shows you in the garage brewing."

Dude, that's stardom! PM me your address, if you don't mind; I gotta check that out!

That is one of the reasons I went to primarily keg. Took a slipped razor blade to the tip of my thumb and cut 1/4 inch into my thumb and thumbnail. Still cannot feel anything from the tip of my thumb. That is what I get for getting impatient and not just going with a hot water/Oxy soak for a day or so and then using a scrubby..

Somtimes, you just have to let 'em go. I know it's hard. But letting go is the first step to bottle rcovery. To regards of what darkrebel said.

Might as well buy everything I could possibly ever want before internet tax kicks in...

Back