Outlets on a keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpyn55

Reaction score
Have an old keg that I am planing to use as a HLT want to install a ball valve , sight glass, and a temp. Gauge so need to know if I need two or three outlets on side of keg Thinking of two at bottom of keg for valve and sight glass is it ok to use the sight glass for temp.gauge or will this be to close to the bottom of keg

Ive seen the thermo on the end of a "T" where the sight glass runs up the leg and the other end bolts thru the sidewall.
You can also use a sheild on the T if it gets to hot.

EDIT: The one in the middle
sightglass5.jpg

So what you are saying is that having the temp. Gauge at the bottom of tank is not going to be a problem with getting a correct temp. Reading

So what you are saying is that having the temp. Gauge at the bottom of tank is not going to be a problem with getting a correct temp. Reading

It's an HLT, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're recirculating and are using it for mash temps, I'd pay more attention to the mash-tun temp gauge and really, I'd get some temp control set-up.

Back