What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't judge it right away, big stouts improve with age- especially if you expose them to wood . Either way though it's going to change probably for the better.
Now I'm going to wait and see how this one turns out, then I'll try it over time to see the evolution, and the next time I make a stout I'll put it in wood to compare (I want to try putting it in a barrel for a few months, instead of using shavings)
But thanks for the tip, one day I'll let you know how it went

Many things. Took yesterday and this Monday off, had originally planned to go to Spokane to visit a friend but that fell through. Using these free days to set the garage to rights, and brew at least once. Kegged the pseudolager on Novalager this morning, made a starter for tomorrow's Peach Kolsch, milled grain and got water set up for said batch, cleaned a couple of fermenters. Tomorrow during brewday will clean the empty kegs, and clean kegerator beer lines (much overdue).

Back